good wc set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

20mm

In Runtime
hey guys i'm gonna go wc on one of my computers... i need a good wc system that isn't over 150...is it doable? for now i just want to cool the cpu and later on i wanna add a water block to the video card. what say you?

for a GOOD WC setup...no it's not doable for $150.

If you want mediocre, then go thermaltake bigwater, but they use 1/4" tubing, and standard GPU blocks use a minimum of 3/8" and it's a PITA to find a 1/4" to 3/8" adapter.

You need $200 and then you can get a good WC setup with complete upgradibility

there is no such thing as a watercooling set for under 150. the cheapest one is probaly the bigwater like nubius said.

yeah i was looking at the bigwater and i went over to the thermaltake site and noticed that they had a gpu water block that would fit the card i was using. i guess all i would have to do is buy the ram heat sinks and i'm set. does anybody here own the big water?

I do :) I'm selling it off though so I can build a better one from scratch. PPMguire as claimed dibs to it though so I'm holding it for him until he gets money together.

ahhh cool so it worked good? how much cooler was it compared to stock cooling? i'm pretty sure that's the wc set up i'm gonna get now.

Don't know compared to stock cooling, this is a 35w 2400+ XP-M chip I'm using, comes OEM only so the only heatsink to ever touch this thing has been my SLK-900A and vantec tornado which keeps it at 38-39C full load whereas the bigwater was lettin it slip to upwards of 45C full load. Mind you my CPU is OC'd with 1.825Vcore even down at 1.7 vcore the bigwater didn't compare to this particular heatsink and tornado.

You're better off saving up $75 more and building one yourself from danger den. Use a TBX style CPU block, MCP650 pump from swiftech, tygon 1/2" tubing and the heatercore they have available on their site. Mind you a heatercore is different from a radiator..it's thicker and will require two 120x38 fans. That will definitely give you way better results than the bigwater.

EDIT: If anything I'd suggest this kit over the bigwater:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swh2rev3lico.html

bigger tubing and good block will allow for easy upgrading down the road.

the thing is i found a bigwater for 100 bucks new. and by the way the system is only half mine so i wanna wait until i get my own computer to dump in the *****en wc system. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom