Monitor is scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cane

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a 17'' monitor and after a few days of it working perfectly I started up and noticed that the screen did not fit the monitor. It is like a movie screen, with the black lines on top and on bottom. Now when I move the mouse to the left side, the screen moves to the left side (the whole screen does not show)It is like scrolling a large webpage.

Can anyone help? I'm sorry if my description is weird.

There should be a button on your monitor that you can puch and adjust your screen position settings.

-Dan The Man

I have a BenQ FP731 monitor, and the buttons it has are:

I (auto adjust), Exit, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Enter, and the Power button.
When I press enter, it shows Auto Adjust, Luminance, Geometry, Color, OSD, Language, Recall, and Miscellaneous. There is no button in there that allows me to stretch the screen, it seems that Auto Adjust is the only option that adjusts the screen, but that doesn't do anything for me. Also, Geometry just allows me to move the vertical/horizontal position of the screen, not stretch it either.

Well I opened my computer up to see whats up with the video card, and I found that the video card was overheated, so I let it cool down for a while, it seems to work now, thanks anyway guys :D

Cane said:
Well I opened my computer up to see whats up with the video card, and I found that the video card was overheated, so I let it cool down for a while, it seems to work now, thanks anyway guys :D

No problem. Glad I could be of assistance :)

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom