Trying to format my HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey guys whats up. Im a old member i have not posted in along time but i just have a question. I formatted my drive using partition magic and now when i try to put in my windows xp disc, it comes up with a screen that says like.. there is no HD in system. Im trying to format my HD again. It also says to insert a bootable media on the selected bootable device. When i try to put in my windows xp disc.. nothing happens. It just says it again. Need help please. Thanks

Couple of things....

Be sure you have your CD-ROM set as your first boot device....that should get you booting off the CD again.

Next is the no HD found during Windows XP setup.....do you have a SATA, SCSI, or RAID HD setup that would require something other than a standard ATA driver for Windows? If so, be sure to hit the F6 key to load mass storage driver(s) during the very beginning of the XP setup. When it gets to that point in setup it'll prompt you to insert a floppy with the driver on it.....

Another issue could be the multiple CD/DVD drives you have, may wanna try the disk in the other drive......

Let me know if any of this helps!

well its not that... i cant even get to the windows xp setup. I can get into BIOS thats it. When i start up my computer... it goes to my motherboard logo and thats it... After that the screen pops up saying all this stuff. I set my cd-rom to my 1st boot device but thats it.. nothing happens. Same thing. I really need help on this. Thanks

nope, that did not help. Plus i dont have a floppy drive. I tried to burn it on a disc but that did not help. I need help with this please. Thanks.

is there something liek that, but that has it so like.. i can run it on a cd-rom? I also have another question. Why isan't it that it does not boot from the windows xp cd?

hey guys sup. I got it fixed.. I took the floppy drive out of my Pentium 1 lol.. i DLED the discs and it works now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom