Hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
ok, i know hibernating on 2k and ME can kill ur box, but i heard xp enhanced it to make it less suicidal, what did they change?

hibernating? as in using the sleep function? that doesnt damage anything on either OS it works fine for me all the time

If it wont recover from hibernation then you can power off and it will give you the option to forget restoring your session and just restart. That might have been there in 2K and ME though!

Hibernation has never worked for me! after it didnt come out of hibernation I spent half an hour of trying to select the "dont bother recovering hibernation session" (or whatever option it was) - nothing happened, and i was on the verge smashing the thing when it occured to me that it might be something to do with the fact i was using a USB keyboard - after grabbing another one all was well again... phew!

anyway i wouldnt recommend using it

It's called Stand By on my rig. I use it quite a bit. Never had a problem.

Hibernation never works.

It's a good way to p!ss people off and save money for power bills though. Im getting kinda angry that my parents leave their PC on 24 hours a day and use it for 6.

o well thanks for replies, I've heard XP uses new technologies to copy the memory to the hard drive so that its more effective and safer for the machine, and actually if u can keep it cooled and maintained properly it is better to elave it on then to turn it on and off and on and off every day

... hibernation works on my laptop, but on my system it usually end up knocking something out for a while. I'm guessing it has something to do with driver support. On my last system the video wouldn't come back. I could click on stuff and make noise, just no vid. On this system my sound doesn't came back.

I used to hibernate my computer all the time. It never once gave me a problem. I was using Windows 2000 Professional at the time.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom