Help! DFI ultra-d very unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i finished my computer 2 days ago and my comp kept giving me BSOD

then i ran memtest and found that one of the 2 rams were faulty so i returned them both (the good one was also giving BSOD) and got new ones and ran memtest and both of them passed

but now i have problems:
1.) the computer just stops entering anything i click on after few minutes of entering windows
2.) dual channel won't work at all, it gives me "C:windows or something/xxx/xxx/system/config or something" was missing
3.) now even 1 ram on slot 2 gives that error message above! and i can't even get pass the loading windows window with that bar going left and right

what is the problem? (btw, it's not my PSU, and i also tried bumping the dram voltage from 2.6 to 2.7[after having all these problems] but it automatically went back to 2.6 and my ram said 2.6 on it too so i just kept it at 2.6)

arghh help!

ty
leadtek 6600gt pci-e
200gig seagate barracuda 7200.7
lite-on cd/r/rw and panasonic cd/dvd (until my nec 3520A arrives)
antec neopower 480W 24pin

Install the drivers, if that doesnt work, return it.

Also, what kind of power supply? The most common cause for these kinds of problems are power supply's

EDIT: I see you hae a 480Watt Antec, so i dont think that's the problem

installed driver and still doesn't work (btw, the karajan module isn't working either)

if i return this DFI board, which one should i get (i won't OC, all i want is stability and for the board to work)

msi k8n neo4 platinum
asus a8v-e
gigabyte k8nf-9
msi RS480M2-IL
this board (i might have the same problems?)

Yeah, those boards are good boards dude. Just RMA it and get it replaced.

yea those boards are worth it. just have to take some time with it, and show it that you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom