laptop enter key

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
One of my friends has a Sony VAIO laptop. The enter key came out and we tried to fix it. it has got this complex 3 "bit" structure under the enter key.
If you guys could point me to resources online which would enable us to fix the key, that would be great. we tried to find resources online but they are sales resources.

The keys normally just clip back in, is the enter key actually broken or not?

you know the little rubber bit that sticks out? you can just press that and enter will work. It's just that sometimes it isn't very good for fast typing...

What about the plastic key that fits on top of the rubber bit - do you still have this part & if so, is anything broken on it?

yep, i got all the bits. nothing is broen, only i can't get the enter key back on.

i can stick the enter key back on without sticking on the bits, but the enter key pops back up and it does slow the typing speed down

Re:

Hello,

It's been a while since I accidentally fired a floppy disk at my sister's laptop, only to discover that it had knocked a key off the keyboard :mad: :rolleyes: ...

Although I'm not an expert on laptop button insertion :D ... you'll just need to try and clip it back on, trying different angles and starting with different clips as the pressure/starting point. Just look closely at the retention clips on the keyboard, and inspect how the clips on the button can clip in place.

The key I had to try inserting back into place had three clips. One hooked and swung on one metal retention clip, and the other two were opposite, and stretched down to clip onto a bottom metal retention clip.

lol i have sum problem with a eneterkey on my laptop Compaq EVO1000c. da eneter button doesnt work on sum gamez lol

the enter key i have hs two clips, with the hoks hooking onto the laptop. there are also three lil bits which need to be in place.
i was wondering if i should first hook the clips to the key and then click the clips into the key or the other way round.

everytime i try to hook the hooks onto the keyboard, the three p9iece structure just gets out of place. i was thinking of glueing the bits with a bit of paper glue or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom