geforce4 440 go

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
You didnt get ripped at all. You will still be able to fire up second generation games, and even HL2 \ CS:S on an mx440 and CoD as well. Forget Doom3, farcry and games like this.

My laptop is more of a portable one. On battery's i get 49 3dmarks. The geforces did at least 400.

Thanks thats good to know.

Here are the specs:

Compaq Presario R3000Z( http://www.techdepot.com/product.asp?productid=1871491 )

Compaq Presario R3000Z ($50 Instant Savings taken off the price); AMD 64 3000+ (1.80 GHz); 15.0" TFT XGA Screen; 256MB DDR SDRAM (1x256MB); Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2; 40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive; 8X DVD Drive; 64MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 4 440 Go + 1394; Built in 56K Modem+10/100 LAN; 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery; Microsoft(R) Works/Money

Um will i be able to play CS full settings at least?

DJ-CHRIS said:
You didnt get ripped at all. You will still be able to fire up second generation games, and even HL2 \ CS:S on an mx440 and CoD as well. Forget Doom3, farcry and games like this.

My laptop is more of a portable one. On battery's i get 49 3dmarks. The geforces did at least 400.

BTW: I am on a mx440 until mid next week on my hardcore gaming rig.

He can fire up HL2 but in like DX7 mode so it won't look that good but HL2 was optimized even for low end users unlike Doom 3 which you can forget it. Same goes for Far Cry.

But if you're planning on playing CS it should do fine in OpenGL mode with AA and AF limited and not on highest settings.

If you really want to see if your system compares go here and go to analyze my system just for fun:

http://half-life.sierra.com/

But in truth you're talking about running a 1999 game (CS) with a 2002 GPU so it's okay. At least 1280 res with no AA and 8X AF. But don't expect that GPU to run next gen games very well or even at all and honestly instead of spending money on upgrading that RAM (SDRAM is not that good) just save up and buy yourself a desktop rig for gaming. If you really want to upgrade components in your laptop you have to watchout that it doesn't take up too much power consumption because they are not made to handle it.

ah k i wasnt planning on that high of a resolution i was gonna use 800 X 600. I didnt get the laptop yet so i cant analyze it : (

we are talking about the first CS right? what is AA and AINSF? are u telling me this card cant handle a 1999 game that well?

It can handle the game well.

However AA and AINSF are things to improve image quality. You know when you look at a power line in a game, and it's all jagged? They do stuff to remove sharp edges and draw lines properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom