Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinser

Beta member
Hi, ive got a basic MSI K8N Neo Platinum Motherboard. Im getting a new GPU and new ram.

CAn someone please let me know what the best thing to get is? Im was thinking GEforce FX 6800 GT with 2GB Corsair DDR400 sticks (1GB each)

Would this be compatible with my board do you think - im so stuck with this and i really want to know EXACTLY what i need to order.

Thanks - Tom

Oh also, i currently have a GEforce FX 5700 256 TD in there and 1.5GB Kingston Value ram 233 i think. Anyway, i cant run far cry at all, but Half life 2 flies. Also, Doom3 demo worked ok aswel. Is there some reason i cant run far cry? Is it becuase the ram is pretty shocking of the fat that my card aint all that. Its funny, that card has done wonders but perhaps it is being pushed just a little too much now?

You only really need 1 gig of ram unless you are into hardcore photoshop, video or audio.

If you do not care much about overclocking, get cheap ram. The corsair value select "dual channel" kits look good for the price, and have lower CL latency's so you could bump that up and OC them more.

So what about the graphics card then - would a gefoce 6800GT be ok - can you recommend a manufacturer?
thanks

They are still very expensive though - although i could run pretty much anything. Ive got a pretty good machine after that i think. I just hope its all compatible which im sure it will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom