geforce4 440 go

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrifeX

Baseband Member
k i am getting a laptop with a athlon 64 3000 and a geforce4 440 go and 256mb ram (planning on upgrading that). How well will it perform? Was i ripped off, i spent 600?

laptop with Gf4 technology should be pretty decent in terms of a laptop, but I'm not a mobile expert so I couldn't tell ya. Price seems reasonable

cool. does any one have any suggestions on how well it will perform?
I'd expect on par with a GF4 MX in a desktop probably, that's the low end of their cards, but still it's not bad. I wouldn't expect to do heavy gaming on it, but then again I'd never expect insane gaming on a laptop.

think the radeon mobility 9700 is one of the better laptop vid cards.
Yeah but that's probably newer laptops, I'm assuming his isn't state of the art fresh off the assembly :p

GeForce 4 MX, as much as it sucks, is better than an Intel Integrated Graphics chip. Sounds good for a laptop. I wouldn't use a laptop for gaming anyways.

hey the gforce 4 mx aint bad!
for a laptop graphics really arent important, id never buy a laptop for the purpose of games.... it should be great btw!!

I don't get what everybody is saying.

The G4 MX440 is horrible and still stuck in the DX7 era. It isn't even DX8 compliant.

But if you're not planning on using the laptop for gaming then it is fine for simple graphic apps and DVD playback. But in terms of gaming, that GPU is absolute well you know what. Also, why get a processor that powerful with such a weak GPU unless you're doing complex apps. That GPU will bottleneck the crazy out of that GPU. We're talking about the MX440 right? I'm more of an ATI guy so I'm not as knowledgable as a pure Nvidia guy.

So basically if you're planning on using this laptop for gaming you got ripped. If not then you're ok. But something tells me you might want it for gaming since you bought an AMD 64 but I could be stereotyping (AMD buyers are hardcore gamers). $600 is not bad however but stick with desktops for pure gaming pleasure not to mention it costs MUCH less to upgrade if the need to do so arises.

EDIT: I just did some research and the G4 440 Go is different from the MX440 but actually worse. To give you a gist of things many people compare the MX440 to a GF2. The G4 440 Go when benchmarked against ATI mobility cards actually compares to the 7500 Mobility. The highest ATI Radeon mobility card is 9800 and the best is Mobility X800. So you can see how far the 440 Go is actually from current top gen cards.

Thank u for u responces..I guess maybe i got ripped..but 600 isnt bad at all for a laptop right? I wanted to use this to play games like the first CS and i was gonna upgrade the RAM to 2 gigs. but it would be nice to play a lil newer games on lowest settings but i guess thats too bad...

You didnt get ripped at all. You will still be able to fire up second generation games, and even HL2 \ CS:S on an mx440 and CoD as well. Forget Doom3, farcry and games like this.

My laptop is more of a portable one. On battery's i get 49 3dmarks. The geforces did at least 400.

BTW: I am on a mx440 until mid next week on my hardcore gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom