is this motehrboard good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigtimeballer50 said:
so u mean they have 2 be the same brand so it can be dual?
bigtimeballer50 said:
wat do u mean by identical?

Yes. Same Brand, Same Chip.

I was doing an upgrade for some one in the office with this motherboard, and he has 4x 512Mb Ram module, but 2 different brands, that was working happily in dual channel on his old motherboard. But when he changed over to this new MSI (same one that is getting talk about) i found that the PC did not want to boot at all.

In the end, he had to change the ram over so that both pairs were all the same brand and chipset.

Personally I rather have all my ram modules from Same Brand, Same Chip, Same Batch if i can do it.

Most other motherboard that I have come accross would either :-
1. Run as single channel
2. Try to run dual channel if there is 2x Different Pairs.
Not the case with this motherboard. All the ram must be the same, otherwise it will not boot. It even says some thing about it in the manual.

Apart from that, it a really good board if you do not want to go to PCI-X.

bigtimeballer50 said:
awt do u mean ? i wana run dual channel with 2 peiceis of corsair 512
No problem then. However if you do want to max out this Mobo, you will need to make sure that you have another 2 peices of Corsair 512, and not any other brand. Otherwise, this board will not boot.

ok so i fi put 2 x corsair rams it will run as dual?

and is msi good at gaming? and if its not wats the best gaming brand?

bigtimeballer50 said:
ok so i fi put 2 x corsair rams it will run as dual?
Yes.
This board does not like running single channel unless you only have one ram module there.
bigtimeballer50 said:
and is msi good at gaming? and if its not wats the best gaming brand?
Yes. Personally I am a bigger fan of Gigabyte, but I do use MSI as my second choice when Gigabyte is not avalable or out side my price range.

bigtimeballer50 said:
0 but is this the best gaming mobo out of all the mobos? and if u have aim post ur sn

Sorry, I don't have AIM, and beside I am still at work since I am installing on Windows Xp on another computer and i have nothing better to do but read Tech Forum (this thread in particular).

If you want a good gaming board, then why are you sticking to APG when you should be going for PCI-X?

I have this mobo and it's great for gaming. I have heard nothing but great reviews about it before I bought it and i'm glad I did. Only other board I would chose would be a Abit 3rd Deluxe. I think that's what it's called. I love both, but got thte MSI and haven't regreted it yet.

bigtimeballer50 said:
well i have a x800 pro thats y and its agp lol
COOL. Then I can under stand your choice on sticking with APG.

Stick with the MSI.

Personally I would going for Gigabyte GA-K8NSU939 or Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939, but good luck finding them as they have been discontinued last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom