AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the FX-55 is more powerful than the 3.6 extreme. However the extreme's are good for overclocking and with some good cooling you don't have to get it up near 5 ghz for it to compete with the fx-55. About 4.3ghz or so is competitive with it, since the extremes are faster.

waynejkruse10 said:
Yeah, i do see more Celerons than Semprons, but Semprons are basicly Athlon XP's rebadged, and Athlon XP's arnt that bad. And if some Semprons had mobile capability, they should have the wonderful overclocking ability of Mobile Athlon XP's.

Wayne

the socket 754 Sempron's are exactly the same as the Athlon 64 clawhammers, except they have less cache and don't have the X86-64 register

also, I think the P4 EE's and FX-55 are just as overclockable as each other. with good cooling you can get a P4 to >4.5GHZ and an FX-55 to >3GHZ

thats nearly a gb clock for the pentium and 400mhz( im pretty sure fx 55 are 2.6? )

Re: AMD Processor vs. Pentium Processor

Pentium and AMD processors are different in architecture, which says that AMD is better than Pentium.

According to me both are similar in performance. Only sour part is that AMD processors dissipate more heat and require proper air conditioning.

Your PC configuration is perfect for the games u mentioned.

Melwyn Chettiar

The newer chips from AMD and Intel, the heat dissipation is quite different. The newer Intel Chips (3.4ghz Presscott) has 115 watts of power dissipation.

The newer AMD Chips (Clawhammer FX) has 89 watts of power dissipation. And the newer 90nm AMD's have a power dissipation of 55-60 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom