CPU Liquid Cooling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, how much does liquid cooling help? Is it considerably cooler than AS5 and a good hsf?
Not in my experience with the bigwater :D

But the bigwater has 1/4" tubing, much smaller than the standard 3/8" or even more commonly used for serious setups, 1/2" tubing. Couple that with a mediocre radiator and a medium quality copper block and you have....a medium resulting WC setup

My temps would hit 45C full load with the bigwater, whereas with the SLK-900A and an 80mm Vantec tornado they haven't gone above 38-39C.

Another purpose of water cooling is the fact that it's a lot more quiet than this tornado and a case load of fans.

Also, yes, a high quality water cooling setup will most definitely give you better temperatures than any air cooling could possibly offer. Mind you we still would put AS5 on the CPU regardless of air or water...I think once you hit phase change you can forget about thermal paste :D :p

Air cooling is the most expensive stuff you can get...But it's defintally the best bang for your buck....becuase it's the most expensive stuff you can get.

I just use the water that comes out of my air conditioner. It's supposed to be 100% pure and itÂ’s free. I've tried car radiator coolant but that just raised my temps up by 10 degrees. So now I just use water.

Nubius you are parobably right when u say that it evaporates, i just dont understand how because the whole system is sealed.

Air cooling is the most expensive stuff you can get...But it's defintally the best bang for your buck
perhaps you mean liquid cooling? Air isn't expensive....

Nubius you are parobably right when u say that it evaporates, i just dont understand how because the whole system is sealed.
Doesn't matter, I mean I know what you're saying and all, but put a sealed cup of water in your window sill long enough and it'll all evaporate. Water tight seal is one thing, gas is completely different.

yea gas is really small particles and it would look like air to the naked eye. so you cant tell if it evaporated or not besides your coolant is going down.

well at full load my cpu iz 47 celsuis. i have sum noisy fan and a heatsink. the fan runz at 6027 RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom