Using mIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

Baseband Member
Some reason mIRC can't connect. It has something to do with the Windows settings. Its not the firewall, I already checked it. I resolved this problem once before, but I can't remember where I went to allow mIRC to connect to the internet.

Any clues?

Software firewall or hardware firewall? Also there is a connection tab within the setting of mirc that will alow you to change the ports its using to connect.

software...

ugg I don't remember it was...

I never had this problem before. Just recently reinstalled windows. I don't see why the default settings shouldn't allow it.

Do you have any other software firewall? Nortion Internet Security?

The default settings on windows will allow mIRC to connect. Just make sure you added it to the exception list in the Windows firewal and on the exception list of any other firewall.

Also, how are you connecting to the internet? Regular Cable/DSL connection, or are you on a university/schoo's internet?

well, Right now Im on a 56k, but I'm on Spring Break. My connection had nothing to do with it unfortunately.

The only other firewall other than Windows is Zone Alarm, which I already allowed mIRC to access the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom