40 GB HDD from friend 7200 RPM i think
1Gb Corsair XMS ram (pc3200)
NEC dvd rw +/- RW and CD-RW
AMD 3000+ athlon 64 (754 pin)
430 watt Antec PSU
powmax atx case
kingwin cpu fan
linksys wireless PCI card

would any of these not be compatable? the only reason im asking is because my system just locks up when trying to boot or go thru the bios. no error or shut down, it just stops working. the screen locks up completely and the comp comtinues to run. i brought it to a friends house and we got it running, even got windows installed, so i thought it was due to the VC and i exchanged it at the retailer. it gave me the same thing so i got the 430 watt antec instead or the 400 watt (the GT only wants 300 to run). finally, i called ASUS and they just said defective mobo. im sending it back to newegg for a replacment as i type but could the problem be something more?
your input is appreciated.

I have just built my System 1 PC similar spec.
I have a major pain with a similar problem; mine would work fine for hours as long as you didn't move the mouse or use the keyboard. As soon as you did either the screen went to what appeared to be stand by. Changed my PSU no change £75 worse off changed my RAM no change now £120 worse off finally replaced the graphics card to an ATi Radeon 9800XT pro and all seems well so far 2 hours in playing Half-Life 2, time will tell????

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom