I got all my parts for my new need help installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
Amd 64 3000 939

Gygabyte Nforce 4

Antec performace plus Case

Cosair XSM 512 MB 3200 ram(is this good ram for overcloacking?)

first of all and foremost what a good grouding techniche.

then what shoudl i install first?

Cpu/memory > motherboard > case

this what think is good.

any other advices

also is PNY nvidia 6600 GT a good gfx card Best buy has it for 249.99 I know the price but I cant another week so i wont order online

Thx for your help.

Install PSU, then CPU, RAM. Put the mobo in your case, install the cards and hook up the cables and HD's. Dunno about grounding.

Use Major's instruction or search for some guides on building PC's.

The 6600GT is a good card, but the EVGA is available for 200$ online and is better :)

Ok. Building a PC isn't very hard, but you do need to have a fair amount of knowledge to do so.

ESD or Electrostatic Discharge is one thing that you need to be very aware of. One cheap way to ground yourself os to buy a Antistatic wrist strap. They are usually alligator clips that clip onto the metal of the case and have a wire connected to a metal object strapped to your wrist. Or - if you don't have one, you can use the (touch power supply method or any metal in the case). Oh, an don't build your PC on the carpet or any metal surface.

The first thing you should do is really take a good look through your MOBO manual. Get a really good feel for the lay-out and know exactly were everything is located. I like to install the CPU first, then the Heatsink and fan, then the memory and then mount the MOBO in the case. It's much easier to install these components outside the case then inside. Once this is complete, i usually connect the MOBO power connecter and the CPU power connecter. Then I hook up the system fan and the CPU fan. Then hookup the FRONT PANEL power, reset, HDD indicator lights ETC... (VERY IMPORTANT) Make sure you set the CMOS jumper to the normal position. MOBOS come with the jumper in the CLEAR position to save the system battery. IF your MOBO has a onboard video hook up the monitor to that for now. IF not then you can install the video card.

Then try to power up your PC and enter into the BIOS.

If you get into the system bios with no beeps or problems you can go ahead and power off and unplug. Then install your Disc Drives and your HDD's and any video or audio card you wish.

Once all the components are in and the proper disc drive jumpers are set you can go ahead and power up and enter the bios. Review the system bios and make sure that all your components are recognized. If they are then you are ready to install your operating system. If they are not, then you need to do a like troubleshooting.

That's another post. Good Luck

thxs havoc very descriptive! what that PNY 6600 GT is PNY a good brand? Or MSI?

Or buy the BFG 6600 GT OC is the same price as the PNY regualr 6600 GT?

Well, IMO, these are the MOBO's that i've had good luck with and stand by with consumer loyalty.

In this order:

1.)MSI
2.)DFI
3.)Asus

Although - I built a gaming PC for a little rich kid - lol - it was actually a Bar Mitzvah gift from his parents. I built it with a AMD 64 FX-55 and i used the : DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU.

That MOBO is extemely sweet. Has every freakin' bell and whistle you could ever imagine. it's also $230.00... Well worth it for a FX-55 system.

thxs everbofy the reply. ths havok and syrnergy i got the PNY anyway so now im gooan start building my PC

The only good grounding technique that I have heard of is touch the inside of your case before working, and dont work on carpet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom