ATIs New 512mb video card with a little interview *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually if you where here as long as any of us you would see lots but since this forum has been going to crap then he posts crap. oh and nubius i had already explained the piggy thing lol. and Nvidia is WORKING on a 512 card to make it better. not to see who can make the best card the fastest. i think Nvidia has learned a lesson from the FX series about shipping cards to early. But i can think of many ppl in my area that think the whole X8xx series is crap. my dad dosent even like his X800XT cause he wants my 6800GT. He asks if i wanna trade all the time lol. and there are lots of ppl that think the X800pro sux.

He's the only person on the entire internet to hate the X800 Pro
Not true. There's been atleast 2 other people here who have disliked their X800Pro experiences.

As far as banning....yeah...guess that's why you're not an admin. That's a little extreme just for someone being disappointed in a cards performance.

My $200 is can do about the same in Far Cry as his $400, there's another reason besides doom he's upset with it.

Nubius said:
As far as banning....yeah...guess that's why you're not an admin. That's a little extreme just for someone being disappointed in a cards performance.
It may be extreme for someone who is disappointed in the performance, but to go on and on and on and on...

He made a mistake, he acknowledges this mistake... So it's time to move on.

There's no need to bash a manufacturer based on one bad experience.

Ok, look, I really don't care which company is better or whatever, I'm basically just trying to educate people here because I feel it's in their best interest. I always try to approach a thread like this with as little bias as possible, I observe the facts, and state what I think will be beneficial to the discussion, and may possibly help someone out.

Now then, the whole who has the better card right now issue doesn't bother me so much, but it's this mob mentality and prejudice that I see continually developing here that ATi is work of devil. I've seen people saying they will never go with ATi again, and making this entirely opinionated assumption that nVidia will continue to dominate the market until the end of time.

Ignorance is dangerous.

Especially in the case of beedubya (can't remember the name exactly), after his bad experience with his x800 pro it seems he's pretty much ruled out all ATi cards. This is a bit foolish, no one has any idea what future generation cards will shape up like, and we should wait until he can fairly compare them (aka when they are actually released and benched) before we make our decisions. I really don't want him to feel a false sense of security, buy a $400 nVidia card, and realize a week later that nVidia has pulled an ATi.

You want an example, just look at the last generation, I'm sure many people are kicking themselves for ruling out nVidia after forming opinions based on the FX series vs. the 9*** series.

gaara said:
Ok, look, I really don't care which company is better or whatever, I'm basically just trying to educate people here because I feel it's in their best interest. I always try to approach a thread like this with as little bias as possible, I observe the facts, and state what I think will be beneficial to the discussion, and may possibly help someone out.

Now then, the whole who has the better card right now issue doesn't bother me so much, but it's this mob mentality and prejudice that I see continually developing here that ATi is work of devil. I've seen people saying they will never go with ATi again, and making this entirely opinionated assumption that nVidia will continue to dominate the market until the end of time.

Ignorance is dangerous.

Especially in the case of beedubya (can't remember the name exactly), after his bad experience with his x800 pro it seems he's pretty much ruled out all ATi cards. This is a bit foolish, no one has any idea what future generation cards will shape up like, and we should wait until he can fairly compare them (aka when they are actually released and benched) before we make our decisions. I really don't want him to feel a false sense of security, buy a $400 nVidia card, and realize a week later that nVidia has pulled an ATi.

You want an example, just look at the last generation, I'm sure many people are kicking themselves for ruling out nVidia after forming opinions based on the FX series vs. the 9*** series.
I have tons of respect for this man.

LOL exactly!! I bought an FX5600 cause i thought it would ruel. WRONG. my mom got a 9600XT and PWNED me BAD!!! i felt ashamed but where the cards and companies are concerned i look who has the best and buy it. I like Nvidia better but if ATI has the better card than i give them the benefit of the doubt and go w/ their card. I dont like these threads for a couple of reasons, one it brings out flaming in ppl, 2 it makes fanboys look like idiots (in this case me for one), and 3 some mods just let an ongoing babble of a topic go on forever and not stop it whens its pointless to the education process cause usually the mods are in the convo as well.

IDK actually. I was introduced to nvidia right after i got rid of my old Voodoo board. My Nvidia card has always out run my dads ATI card so i just stuck w/ Nvidia but if ATI has the upper hand in a generation then i buy their card.

There's no need to bash a manufacturer based on one bad experience.
I'll agree to that....infact I've said that many times too.

3 some mods just let an ongoing babble of a topic go on forever and not stop it whens its pointless to the education process cause usually the mods are in the convo as well.
....why people say things like this, and make it seem like I don't know that they are pretty much blatently talking about me is beyond my understanding. I'm not a fool, I'm the only mod whos regularly in these forums and posting daily, so GEE wonder why you could be implying there. When I close them, people complain, when I don't close them, people complain...see the dilemma there? So don't make assanine comments like that. I close them when people start saying 'You're an idiot dude, ATI rocks' other than that, the children can play all they want.

Back on subject - Yeah like I've said, I had the FX 5700, if I woulda known back then what I know now, I would have gone ATI myself.

Currently I prever nvidia, and I have my own reasons, which I don't care to type out because I've done a million times before and there will be atleast one person to question those reasons.

Overall I will say, spending $600 on a card, no matter what company you go with you'll get awesome performance.

LOL sorry nubius i wasnt talking about you or just these forums. im talking on a wide scale of forums cause the mods get mixed up in the convo as well so they dont close it till they get proved wrong. Sorry misunderstanding there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom