ATIs New 512mb video card with a little interview *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI is just rushing out a 512MB card as a gimic. Don't get one of these cards, just wait for the next generation. ATI needs to learn that its technology is old, and quit trying to make people think its not by adding awe-effect things like 512MB which has no use with that old technology anyways. Just watch, Unreal Engine 3 will run like crap on the X850 512MB much like Doom 3 runs like crap on the 9800XT, the card that you were envied if you had just last year.

i agree cause i read the review on that thing and they had to tweak the extra 256 BAD to make it perform like the first 256. i dont like that cause i think that the ram will die faster from stress or w/e (i could be wrong) but just them linking the ram and not all connected directly to the GPU is quite iffy if you know what i mean. I still like the 6800 series better.

ATI is just rushing out a 512MB card as a gimic. Don't get one of these cards, just wait for the next generation. ATI needs to learn that its technology is old, and quit trying to make people think its not by adding awe-effect things like 512MB which has no use with that old technology anyways. Just watch, Unreal Engine 3 will run like crap on the X850 512MB much like Doom 3 runs like crap on the 9800XT, the card that you were envied if you had just last year.
Heh, interesting point. I wonder why on earth the glorious nVidia is also working on releasing a 512mb card, considering it's "no use".

I also wouldn't go so far as to say the 9800XT runs Doom 3 like crap, although you definition of crap may by all means be different than mine...

I wonder why on earth the glorious nVidia is also working on releasing a 512mb card, considering it's "no use".
Well that's part of the point he's trying to make. ATI has already slapped it together and trying to sell it. Nvidia is still working on it to possibly release it when it's more suited? Just a thought.

They had to 'piggy back' the 2nd set of 256mb RAM off the first set. So it goes GPU<----RAM1<-----RAM2

that's the 'communication' order if you will, and appearantly they had to do a lot of work to get it to work correctly. We'll just have to wait and see how it does.

beedubaya, everything that you posted above is false. Stop
Then post your own opinion or correct information. Almost every post from you I've just seen you bashing beedub and saying "ignore him" or "thats not true" and leaving it at that.

There's a reason.

He does not post valid facts or helps troubleshoot other's problems.

He posts his opinions as if they are facts.

He bashes ATI over anything. If there is nothing, he'll find something.

He scores the highest points in 3DMark, yet just because Doom 3 doesn't run at 1000000 FPS, the card is the worst thing in existance.

He's the only person on the entire internet to hate the X800 Pro.

I can go on and on and on...

Bottom line is, if I were an admin, he would have been banned a long time ago.

Am I incorrect?

If so, link me to one thread where he is helpful in a positive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom