oc too far problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
I was pushing my cpu and ram abit higher last nite got it up to 245hht with stock voltage and stock ram timings. But when i was in windows i left prime95 testing it and went out.

when i came in my dad was on it (i hate it when he does that) and now its really unstable. i mean i can get into windows no problem but then some of the windows hang or the full thing hangs then comes back on after about 10 seconds.

But thats not my main problem cos i can clock it down and sort that out or up the voltage or whatever BUT now i cant connect to the internet. ive looked in my network connections and there is nothing there, and in my system hardware list there is nothing there (WTF), so ive tried to ping my router and i get "IP driver error code 2" i dont know what this means but im praying that i can fix it without havin to reinstal windows and format my HDDs. Can any1 suggest a way to fix this? thanks

Did you lock your PCI \ AGP? Sounds like your onboard lan randomly fried or something.

well its pci-e and i asked nubius and he sed that it being at 100.00 and 33.34 was ok so its not that. i hope its not fried but wouldnt be that big of a loss as i have 2 plus a spare pci lan card, but if it is would that explain why im gettin nothing in the device manager? thanks for help

I don't know, I've had a few onboard LANs die on me in the past. Have you simply tried reinstalling the drivers for it? Sometimes that works for me. I've had sound, graphics, and LAN need drive reinstallations after a nice healthy dose of system instability from overclocking.

Next time tell your dad what you have running and tell him to BACK OFF if he see's that screen. Thats what I do with my parents, but they each have their own laptop so they shouldn't be on mine anyway :p

did you post in the networking area to? you could find some help there.

did you get everything working fine again? is the only thing not working now the internet?

i got my mate to google for the problem and he found afew fixes but none of them worked, and he sed for the ppl whose it didnt work on they had to reinstall windows, so thats what im gonna have to do, so im gonna put the RC2 version of xp-64 on. oh well time to search for a raid driver for my chipset cos i got the rest. :p

Yeah i did i little oc'ing my self my CPU runs at 60 C anyway so i pushed it from a 2700+ (333) to 2800+ and i could still get into windows then it said sounds failed and stuff like that cause it was heeps unstable soo.... i just fromatted not a big loss hope it all works :|

ok ive reinstalledbut had to put the 3bit version on cos i couldnt find the raid driver for my chipset so il have to wait till there is one around. thanks for the help ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom