X850XT Platinum Edition vs. nVidia 6800 Ultra? + Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because the nvidia has pixel shader 3 doesn't make it any better than the x850. The x850 xt pe will still pound the 6800 ultra. And people call ati crap because they buy the crap cards. If you choose to buy pro versions, or sapphire crap, or SE versions then of course you might be dissappointed. That's why you always get the xt's because they just plain own.

two friend of mine have the 9600XT, one has the 128mb (cough cough :jak: cough cough :D) and one has the 256mb. When I had my FX 5700 I was jealous of their card lol. It whooped mine. Mine would get like 3k in 3dmark03 and theirs got 5k. I wish I had known more about computers when I first was looking to get a card otherwise I woulda gone the 9xxx series from ATI...but right now I'm completely happy with the price/performance ratio of the 6600GT and for the price you can't beat it. :D

What will NVIDIA do then!?
LOL thast a simple answer. whoop ATI at Direct3d LOL. Nvidia goes for what looks the best and OpenGL looks better sorry to say but if all they have to deal w/ is crap Direct3d then they will definately be better than ATI there no doubt. but you gotta look at the whole picture before you say good things about ATI. Nvidia came out w/ the 6xxxx series cards when? Yea last summer if im not mistaken and it took ATI THIS LONG to finally come out w/ a card that beats Nvidia. This whole time ATI has been strugling to put a better card out but it has takin so freakin long lol. While Nvidia has been sittin back rollin in the dough laughin. Think about that before you post next.

Nubius, how much did you pay for the 6600 GT
eVGA brand was $199 at newegg and zipzoomfly. I am aware of XFX and I think gigabyte that have it for like $150 and $165, but I've seen a lot of posts with peoples XFX's acting up, and eVGA IMO is a good quality manufacturer. AGP...but you already knew that

yea. i have a very poor internet experience. I cant play games online anymore cause everything is to fast for it. plus ppl can get like 2 posts in before i can get one in,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom