X850XT Platinum Edition vs. nVidia 6800 Ultra? + Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have sig privelages scott..infact remove that red text already.

The rules state 468x120 and people had much longer or mostly seen taller sigs. I only cracked down on the ridiculously large ones, but since I can't actually go in and remove them it looks like the Smods are goin and crackin down on that. Even I was told to shrink mine because appearantly I had 460x128 instead of 468x120 :p

your sig has to fit the criteria not only in dimensions, but in file size too!
IMO saving it in JPEG using quality level 6-8 in photoshop gives it the best size/quality ratio

as far as the 6800 Ultra vs X850 XT goes, I would say the X850 wins in Direct3D by a little, but the 6800 wins by far in OpenGL. the difference between the X850 and the X800 is the core is designed to get a higher frequency.

and no an X850 will not beat a 6800 SLI setup, even in Direct3D. ATM, nothing can, unless it's paired with a really crappy CPU like mine (it cost me $25 haha)

the Radeon cards are just not designed for OpenGL

P.P. Mguire said:
i lost privilages cause ppl like to be an ass. i made it smaller twice but i guess it didnt make thm happy.

the fact that my sig IS the correct size is what im complaining about cause ive fixed it twice but idk. idc really anymore casue my system isnt the same at the time being.
I'm the one that has removed the sig privileges. The FACT IS that since your sig was removed, it WAS NOT correct.

Instead of hijacking this thread and calling people names, I suggest that you read the rules carefully and PM me if you have a question.

Dave :D

Go with the 6800 Ultra. It has PS3.0 while the $700 ATICrap X850 doesn't. Remember, ATI released the X850 because of how horrible the X800 series was. The 6800 series was very good, still #1, and there's no need for a 6850!

My friend has a X800XT, and it is very good, I don't know people hate it some much, my current 9600XT is better than the Nvidia counterpart...

I like the X850XTPE more... It looks better

Yan

umm yea it was correct but im gonna change it anyways. But how bout the ppl that do have 28k? im usinf it now and my sig was no problem and neither is loading desktops either. It dosent take that long ppl are just lazy, as wher the names are concerned i appologize i went out of line. I will make a new sig and send it to you Dmo for your approval. Anyway back on topic, yes beed your quite right, the 6800 ultra has PS3.0 so it makes it quite nice:D IDK i want a new Nvidia card to look at. FOr right now im for the 6800ultra.

Go with the 6800 Ultra. It has PS3.0 while the $700 ATICrap X850 doesn't. Remember, ATI released the X850 because of how horrible the X800 series was. The 6800 series was very good, still #1, and there's no need for a 6850!
Back up your statements.

Pixel Shader 3.0 is utilized in I believe 10 games at the moment, apart from this select list, that will not give nVidia any edge over ATi at all, PS2.0 is still considered the norm at the moment in most games. Pixel Shader 3.0 was a good innovation, but it's too early to claim it gives an edge if it's only utilized in a small fraction of games.

The only cards which are horrible are the Pro series cards (x800 and x850), and as we have gone over countless times, this is due to their limited pipeline number in comparison to the other high end cards. Take the XT or XL cards from those series and find me one person who has anything to bad to say about them.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/popular_articles/article/1761/
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/r480-tr.html
http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/176/1/

The x850XT is the fastest card on the market at the moment, even if they do come from "ATi crap". Prove otherwise.

Thank you much Gaara!
I knew he would come here and say bad things about it because his card sucks, not all of them, my friend has the X800XT and he is very please with it.

beedubaya, if you are not going to post valid facts, don't post at all.

Gaara is absolutely right. Pixel Shader 3.0 is not supported for a reason.

The 6800 Ultra may have a small lead in OpenGL, but here's a fact...

Over 90% of all 3D applications are based on Direct3D!

OpenGL will be replaced by Direct3D when Longhorn hits the market.

What will NVIDIA do then!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom