network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i unhookde my router forwatever reason because my net kept dropping, anyways...

when i hook up my router, i cant get a internet connection,

right now its a us robotics and im running windows xp.

all i really want right now is to be able to access the internet using my router.

plz help.
when ii go into ipconfig, it gives me a ip ect.. but i still cant connect to the internet.

you posted a bunch of question lately i noticed spfd.....are you compiling a computer help book? :p

what internet connection do you have? have you tried disabling your network connection and then re-enabling it in the network connections folder in the control panel?

most likely it is an issue with IP adressing. the router is not recognising you on it's network. you can do a release and renew but disabling your connection is much better.

at a very last resort you can unplug all your cables and reset you router. than one-by-one re-connect the cables back in

haha compiling a book?

these are questions i actually had to know.

my router is messed, im on broadband, anyways i just solved that problem, what i did was just reset, i think what happend is maybe it saved settings from my old router setup.

lol about all the questions, im just curious, im a young tech in this world.!

currently i assemble and repair pc's for free, just for the experience and knowledge, im in grade 12, gonna take the msce course next september

assembling and repairing PCs, eh?
hope it's not as hard on your nerves as it is for me....

Dad: hey, son. My computer's broke.

Me: -_-

Dad: (scratches head) yeah, I dropped it again...
>_<

lol nah,
when its repairing, its really trial and error, find the problem, replace, !!!!!!
lol

Does your PC plug directly into the Router from your NIC card to your Router or are you using wireless adaptors? AKA no Cables. Also it always works? Then wherein lies the problem? Also do ya have a Firewall running in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom