CPU Liquid Cooling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
You guyz have heard over liquid cooling rite? My question iz dat wut r u spposed 2 use for the liquid. i noe dat der r sum stuff like dat, kan u use car antifreeze lol just wondering

They make a special solution for water cooling units. No liquid dissipates heat as well as water, though. The cooling solution is mainly to protect against internal wear in the cooling unit.

i havnt used a cooling system in a long time. I always hear people using distilled water. all car antifreeze does is lowers the freeze point and raises the boil point, doesnt really make it cool any better. Water is a better heat conductor than anti freeze, thats why you have to mix it. My first water cooler back in the athlon slot days.... my reservoir was my 100 gallon fish tank lol. i used that for a long time, eventually my fish died, but they lived a long time, all i had were a few 8 inch long oscars. so after they died,, i stepped it up a bit.. if i was doind some hardcore gaming, i would just dump some ice in the fishtank

Distilled water would be best and cheapest. Or simply tap water, cooling system should last long enough on plain ol water.

Tap water has bacteria in it. You are increasing your chances of corrosion and algae growth with that.

Distilled water with anti-freezing, anti-rust, anti-corrosion, and anti-bacterial additives is the way to go. Some coolants come with all that in it.

I think thermaltake coolant comes with all that stuff in it and its pretty cheap.

The only wierd thing is that the liquid keeps disapearing somewhere eventhough its not leaking.

I think thermaltake coolant comes with all that stuff in it and its pretty cheap
Yeah it doesn't need anything added to it. Comes 'pre-mixed' if you will.

Evaporation causes it to disappear.

liquid cooling is alright. but the price is pretty high.
if you like to spend big bucks then get water cooling, if you dont just get a good heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom