Cursor is unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReinisFMF

Baseband Member
I have problem with my cursor - sometimes it starts moving a little in all directions, especially when I'm clicking or dragging.
It is optical mouse and I use Windows XP.I tried another mouse and it didn't jump.
Can it be solved with some software program?

Probably your mouse. Try cleaning the optical thing on the bottom or switching mouses since you say it doesn't jump with another mouse. Was the other mouse optical also?

Definetly time for a mouse upgrade if cleaning your old one doesn't solve the problem. Lots of times those optical mouses collect some gunk on the eye and that could cause the random cursor jumps.

The mouse is new (about week)

I just connected it with my laptop and it works perfectly

what does the surface you are using look like? Optical Mice move based on a registered change in the surface. if you are using soemthing that doesn't return the light, flat black for example, will cause unwanted effects.
I have seen several types of material cause issues with optical mice, but most are related in that they are flat (non gloss) and a fabric of some type.

Good luck

It depends on the surface, especially with cheap mice. My mous (GigaByte) is very cheap and also jumps on some surfaces. On a good surface it works perfectly. I recommend Logitech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom