Nothing appears on the monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxFaTexX

Beta member
Well, I was just using the onboard graphics accelerator until i got my fx 5200 and so i uninstalled the old graphics accelerator drivers and installed the latest nvidia ones. Well we decided to get a better card and took the fx 5200 back so now i have no graphics drivers on my computer and when i turn it on nothing happens. Well we just got the new graphics card and it wont work when we put it in (didnt really expect it to) but we cant install the drivers? So everytime i turn it on nothing appears ... it used to make a beeping sound which my mum said was the memory but that no longer happens.

Please help i would like to play my games:angry:

Try re-seating the video card, ram, and all the power cables inside the computer. Ensure everything is in its place and cables are all securly in place.

Sounds like a case for the old take everything but processor, ram, vid card outta the case and boot. Make sure the mobo somehow isn't grounding itself to the case. Re-seat everything. Reset CMOS by taking battery out for about 30 min then putting it back in.

Jerigorn said:
i hear format calling....last result though

How's he gonna do that? Format using braille? He can't get any sort of display on monitor.

If I understand the problem correctly, you said the mobo's got an onboard graphics card as well which was disabled when second card was added.

Some system automatically disabled the onboard video when another video card is present but other systems need it manually disabled.
This is either done by a jumper on the mobo or a setting in the bios.

If theres no mobo jumper for it, & you can't get a display because bios is set to use secondary video only, then reset the bios using the clear cmos jumper on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom