Interesting OC result

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinexile

In Runtime
You can see my Computer in my sig. Last night I finally decided to see how well I could OC my cpu with just air cooling (I have a 80mm fan in the back, one in the front and a Zalman big ass mofo on my cpu)

Before tweaking clock speeds I checked my temps. 31*C on the CPU and 36*C on the mobo. I started with 10Mhz at a time then got impatient and bumped it up to 300Mhz (to a total 2.3Ghz or 3300+ equivillent)... no my computer Idles at 28*C cpu and 31*C mobo!

I ran a burn for 10 minutes and the cpu never broke 40*C

The only thing I did other than overclock was clean out my heatsink a bit as it was hella dusty.

That's pretty good. Did you run 3DMark or any other benchmarks to see if there was any improvement?

I ran the CS Source stress test and my FPS went from 35 aveage to 47

But it was late and I didn't have time to run any other benchmarks.

that sounds lucky, my computer doesnt get those temps even when idle, so your Zalman must be doing its job very well.

It might have something to do with living in a basement suite where room temp is about 14*C as well.

That's pretty cool. I have noticed that the room temperature does make a noticable difference to the temperature of your CPU.

see if it runs prime95 for atleast 12+ hours, then you can safely assume it's fairly safe for number crunching atleast, but playing a lot of games will be a good test too. If it starts crashing then you will probably need to up your vcore for stability.

sure gimme a couple mins

Edit:
oc3300.jpg

Do you have your RAM running 1:1 with that 229HTT?

Nice job dude, especially if you're fairly new to OC'ing

Keep pushing it :D You should be able to hit 2.5GHz at that current pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom