LanParty nF4 SLI-DR + SoundBlaster Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moja

Baseband Member
Hiya, I posted on here a while ago regarding building my first computer. Well its all built and I'm having trouble with the SoundBlaster 2 ZS I installed.

I beleive the problem to be to do with the fact that the SB card is in the bottom PCI slot, and apparently they are not very stable with this. Basically when playing SOME games the game will crash and the sound will loop itself 0.5 seconds over and over again, until I hit the re-set button. This is a real problem having spent a fortune on my new computer. So I was wondering what people would suggest for me to fix this problem? Either buying a new MotherBoard or buying a new soundcard, and in which case, is this problem sure to go away?

I found this info out at the steam forums:
HL/CS/DoD & other Games Crash with Looping Sounds

Problem:

For a while now, say a month or so, I've been having a re-occurring problem, varying in how often it happens. During CS game play, for no reason whatsoever, the game will freeze and I will hear a constant looping sound.

The reason I have posted this now is because the 10+ attempts I've tried to play CS today, every time the game has frozen, and the sounds loops at what just happened on screen. For example - if the game froze in the middle of a firefight, I will hear the last few shots loop over and over again.

I also have to 'power off' my PC every time when it freezes so I can't get an error report.

Possible Solution (thanks to StealthMode):

What slot on the motherboard is your card in? SoundBlaster Sound cards are infamous for not performing to well on the lower slots (beyond slot 3 on most PCI buses).

Thanks very much,
Moja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom