graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put new thermal compound on it.

If you feel it and it's cold, that can mean it's either not making good contact, or it's working like it's supposed to.

Nah, drivers arent the issue here especially if it just happened out of the blue. I've seen this and had it happen a few times. The card is just dying/dead

It's not really 'overheating' because at this point the damage is done. Time for a new card

would dust cause problems with the card?
(i had quite a bit inside my comp-mainly the fan)

Yeah, I;ve had a similar problem with my card. The fan slowed down tremendously and the card just overheated. It was time to get a new card.

see what it looks like without installing any drivers
using Windows standard VGA drivers

im running it without the drivers at the moment, the screen isnt full of shit but the comp runs very slowly+ i cannot run many games

well that sounds like a driver or overheating problem to me. try that video card in another computer and install the latest drivers for it. it could be just your computer motherboard or something could be wrong with the operating system.

hey guys i finally got a new card, its a geforce fx5200 and now my comp works fine, do u reckon that its any better then the geforce 4 i had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom