PNY GeForce 6600 256mb AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

uther(UK)

Solid State Member
Any one any idea about this VGC, is it any good? i want it for playing games on like Blitzkrieg, MOH, Call of DUTY. i have a BFG GeForce FX 5700 OC 256mb at the moment on my secound system and was thinking of upgrading to the 6600 will i see the difference?

u will see a difference but it i were u i would pay the extra money and get the 6600gt instead as it is vastly superier to the standard verison.

Get the 128meg 6600GT's their superior in every aspect. Around doubble the power of a normal 6600

Ive been given the card for free so is it worth pullin my 5700 out to put this one in ?

uther(UK) said:
Ive been given the card for free so is it worth pullin my 5700 out to put this one in ?

you got it free?!

hell yeah, i'd change it out, wouldn't hurt at all....the 6000 series are "really" DirectX9 campatible as opposed to the FX series cards.

your performance would also depend on the rest of your system...

if your CPU is older, then it may bottleneck that newer card.

but hey, it's free...so go for it.

CPU is a P4 2.53ghz, with 1gig of PC2100 Ram. but motherboard only supports AGP x4 ? So what do you think EdoKoi ?

uther(UK) said:
CPU is a P4 2.53ghz, with 1gig of PC2100 Ram. but motherboard only supports AGP x4 ? So what do you think EdoKoi ?

some ppl will tell you that you'll need the latest and the greatest everything out there, but really when it comes to AGP 4x, the standard cards today don't really fully utilise the AGP 8X architecture anyway.

as for your P4 2.53gHZ..i think that'll be just fine.

you're 1gig of RAM is great, but again others may convince you to go for the faster RAM, i.e. pc3200 or above...but if your mobo can only support up to a certain speed, you should stick w/ it's specifications as well.

besides, when you decide to upgrade in the future, you'll already have a good enough card to last.

why does your sig say X850XTPE with 533MHz ram? 533MHz ram would mean DDR1066, assuming you meant half of 533MHz, though that'd still be 266MHz....

lol and imagine a dell having an x850xtpe... it would probly cost like 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom