checkerboarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddaum

Solid State Member
I have been having problems with my video since i bought my video card radeon 9600. I will get a checkerboard of small boxes all over the screen when boot up. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot and cross your fingers that it doesnt come back again. I got the lastest drivers and bios.

Any ideas...????

asus a7n8x....1gig kingston ram(2x512)3200....monitor is new did it on both monitors new one is hynudai L90d+.....60 gig maxtor hd...new processor amd barton 3000+ xp....new processor did not change it either...agp in bios is set to 512...no overclocking..

anyway i can test the card, i was figuring the same since just about everything else has been repaced to try to fix it.

Sounds like you either have a driver conflict issue, the card is defective, or you really screwed up an overclock attempt.

Well never had a chance to overclock, never had any reason to. Seems like it does it with any drivers, havnt tried roll back to original driver that it came with. Maybe i should try that first and if it still does it, i should probably try a new video card?

If you just got it surely there is a warranty or some kind of return policy. I would try to get a refund or replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom