Is this worth the $$$ ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the best card out there that is what you get. However I do not trust sapphire so I would get the regular one from ati on newegg for the same price.
I would spend that money because I spent the extra money for the x800 xt pe when it first came out.

Regulus said:
Mmmm...no. It comes with abesolutly nothing from what the pics show.:confused:

It's an OEM.

Anyways I would wait before I buy something like that. That is way ahead of any top of the line game right now graphic wise that is. It is not even guaranteed that this card can play Unreal 3. I believe Unreal 3 needs 512 cards, it crashes with anything lower than that. I read that somewhere and the engine isn't even finished yet and the top cards can't handle it.

That particular card, no.

The next generation cards that are just around the corner, you bet! :p

hu_xu said:
It's an OEM.

Anyways I would wait before I buy something like that. That is way ahead of any top of the line game right now graphic wise that is. It is not even guaranteed that this card can play Unreal 3. I believe Unreal 3 needs 512 cards, it crashes with anything lower than that. I read that somewhere and the engine isn't even finished yet and the top cards can't handle it.

thats gota be crap, everyones like oooh doom 3 needs 512 to do it all!

my 128 6600 runs doom 3 at ultra, 1280x1024, 2xaa... u cant get much beta than that, n ive never had any crash.
i know unreal 3 is all new n crap but surely it cant be that advanced, no company in their right mind is going to release a game that players need to buy an $800 graphics card just to get into the game

Exactly, if Unreal 3 needed such crazy hardware then their sales would be crap since most PC gamers don't have top of the line hardware to begin with.

VIII said:
thats gota be crap, everyones like oooh doom 3 needs 512 to do it all!

my 128 6600 runs doom 3 at ultra, 1280x1024, 2xaa... u cant get much beta than that, n ive never had any crash.
i know unreal 3 is all new n crap but surely it cant be that advanced, no company in their right mind is going to release a game that players need to buy an $800 graphics card just to get into the game

Just reporting what I read. Anyways Unreal 3 is not suppose to be release until 2007 no? At the rates ATI and Nvidia are advancing with their tech by then the X800 would be nothing more than a 9600XT.

I would buy it if I had 4000dollars. So i could spend 200-300 dollars on a mobo, 800 on a GFX card and 1000 on a CPU, and the rest for crt, hd's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom