AMD 4000 Clawhammer Ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire, heres a review for the 4 top AMD's. With the top Intels.
FX-55
FX-53
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=592&cid=1

The 4000 and the FX-53 are basicly the same processor. Honestly! Look at this review, the 4000 doesnt just hold its wait againt the FX-53, it does better. When the FX-53 takes over a bechmark, the 4000 is rite behind it.

The price differience between the 4000 and the FX-53 beats the performance differience. Personally, i suggest the 4000. Its alot cheaper, and the FX-53 is not very much better. You really dont even see much of a increase in speed. If you got the 4000 and OC it another 100mhz, it would be better then the FX-53.

Although the FX dont have locked mutipliers. So thats alot better for OC.

What a waste of money haha
......uhh...no it's not :confused:

Although the FX dont have locked mutipliers. So thats alot better for OC
Well technically when you OC it's good to have good OC'ing RAM and then you just up your HTT and your multi just gets lowered anyway which all the 64's can lower the multi, but only the FX can go up or down.

Plus there's the memory divider, so it's really not THAT big of an issue.

Boost up the HTT, lower the multi

The FX series has better architechture than the regular Athlon 64s and an unlocked multiplier really helps overclocking. Apart from that you won't notice much difference, although I doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference between the high end FX/Athlon 64s performance wise.

The 4000+ is probably the best bang for your buck for lightning fast performance at the moment.

well since im not paying for it and i wanna OC it big time then i guess the FX-53 is better for me. Im not worried abou tmoney cause my mom will just buy it.

and an unlocked multiplier really helps overclocking.
Yeah but like I said, lowering the multi and raising the HTT is the best way to go for OC'ing...all the 64s can lower the multi. It's only if you want to keep the HTT at 200 and boost the CPU clock speed that having a multi that can go up really matter, but for those who want real performance out of the chips, raising the HTT is the way to go whether you have the RAM follow it or not.

well since im not paying for it and i wanna OC it big time then i guess the FX-53 is better for me. Im not worried abou tmoney cause my mom will just buy it.
she destroys a 3500+ and you want an FX-53 out of it....called extortion in my book :p

Your rite nubius, either way it works out great for OC. Im not worryed about the multi at all. Im going to OC it to 2.65ghz, then i pretty much have a FX-55 in general terms. Im not sure how high you can OC on the AV8. I know i can push the 2.6ghz though. Again im selling my 3500 Newcastle for 200$. Its such a great deal. You can get a 3200 winchster for that much.

Again im selling my 3500 Newcastle for 200$. Its such a great deal. You can get a 3200 winchster for that much.
lol hold onto it for me for a year or more and I'll take it off your hands for $50 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom