Computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrData

Solid State Member
I posted in the Overclocking forum, but maybe this is more appropriate.

I have an AMD XP2000+ processor and Win XP Pro with almost nothing else installed (just built the system), except a few drivers and some games (Civ). It all worked fine for a couple of days, but now it keeps freezing (I haven't installed anything in between). I log on, don't start any programs, and the system still does this. It might be fine a short while, then it stops for maybe 20 seconds, works for a while, and stops again.

I have no internet connection yet, but I've tried disabling network stuff.

The CPU temperature is around 55 degrees Celsius. But I don't get any error report about this.

it might be one or more of the drivers you have, you restart and get the faulty drivers activated. try rolling back your video drivers or something and see what happens

"also have you activated yet?"

During the installation I entered the activation code. Is that what you mean? I also gave my ISP info, even though my connection isn't up yet.

I Think he means have ya registered with Microsoft yet. Maybe just try a Re-install. Quick & Painless this early on. How about using the repair function on the Win 2000 CD? Just a couple of simple ideas. Good Luck:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom