X850XT Platinum Edition vs. nVidia 6800 Ultra? + Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone!

I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the two "Top of the line video cards"; so which do you think is better? Price aside...

ATi Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra

A question- About how long is it going to be before ATi puts out a 512MB version, and when they do, what will they call it.
Another question- Does nVidia have plans for a new line of cards any time soon?
A final question- Is Direct X 10 scheduled to come out any time soon, if at all?

Thanks for your feedback!

Yan Booth

X850XTPE wins for me with price beside.

But, 2 6800GT's in SLI is the true winner, a bit mroe expensive and alot better.

I believe Direct X 10 will replace Direct X 9 upon Windows Longhorn release.

The x850XT is the fastest card on the market at the moment.

ATi has already unveiled their 512mb cards to the public. They will not have any special names, they will simply follow suit along with ATi's current naming scheme.

Expect the next generation of nVidia cards around the same time as ATi's, which will be in May.

Also, SLI is not compatible with every game so speaking from a broad and general point of view the x850XT is more versatile than two nVidia cards in SLI.

X850XT was developed and released a few months after the 6800Ultra, so the X850XT would take the cake.

We gotta wait for the ATI's next card with the 24 pipelines and see what nvidia turns out. Believe it'll be under codename G70 because they dropped the NV....next few months should be interesting

P.P. Mguire, lol you have no sig privilages lol. Stop messing around man. I wouldent try comparing 2 video cards against one though.

I cant imagine what card will be the best. Just not enough information around for a accurate opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom