is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolxy

Baseband Member
hi bought the new 80 gb hdd after partitioning its 76 and something total! where my other 80 GB was 74 something after partition why its so? And second question when i shutdown my windows after it takes all the step my hdd beep for once at last.. is it okay?

Yea, don't worry about that. I believe the other 4 gigs is like other data your comp needs to function, the OS, drivers, and what not. My 80GB is the same. It is normal.

i have a 80gb hard drive also and yes it did the same for me and takes a little chunk of memory. Im pritty sure its normal for that to happen.

no well i know it takes some space.. but why it has difference of two gbs in my two Drive? like one is total of 76 and one is 74 after partition

Most things in computers are rounded to the closest "standard". You'll find that your 2Ghz computer is usually 1.18 or 1.19 it's not unusual.

The other thing is if you formatted it under the FAT system (I'm not sure if NTFS does the same thing) as one large partition you lost space due to cluster sizes and what not... if you split it up into smaller partitions you will actually recover that lost space.... just the way that file allocation works.

jinexile said:
Most things in computers are rounded to the closest "standard". You'll find that your 2Ghz computer is usually 1.18 or 1.19 it's not unusual.
A CPU clocked at 1.18 GHz when rated at 2.0 GHz is unusual to me.

err little bit of dyslexia happening :)

Its not that they are lying chris, it's just hard to market 1.83332 Ghz, 1.912 GHz, 2.0003 Ghz and a 1.9999998 GHz processors as the same one, the average user would die of brain hemoraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom