water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

20mm

In Runtime
i'm looking at geting the big water cooling kit by thermaltake. i'm going to oc an intel P4 2.56. it's my first water cooling job so i didn't want something really expensive, any thoughts on how far i could push the cpu with the big water?

Stick with air cooling. BIGWater stinks. It's an introduction to H20.

If you want results with H20, you need a high-end setup.

It's an introduction to H20
Yup I'm actually selling mine. Not bad for a starter kit, but definitely piecing one together yourself is generally fairly cheap and you'd get much better results.

Dangerden.com offers some of the best equipment around.

Pump: Swiftech MCP650 or AquaXtreme 50z are considered among the best pumps out there.

CPU Block: Maze 4 or Danger Den TDX design. The TDX are impingement style blocks which give better performance but requires a good strong pump which the two above can handle.

After that you just need tubing and a radiator/heatcore and currently the 77 bonneville is among the best and most used which can be picked up from autozone for like $30 but will need some modifications. Dangerden sells those particular heatcores for $35 and is ready to hook up so it's worth it.

i don't wanna spend to much money on it because the system is half mine. i wanna get a good one on the new system i wanna build so i just need a cheap one for the p4 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom