DVD ripping software

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD Decrypter is also free. DVD Shrink is also very good like some others are saying. I just had some problems with it and some newer movies like AVP. It kept having Redundency Recyle errors of somesort, and DVD Decrypter didn't have a problem with these movies for some reason. I use both of them at different times for Ripping and Nero always for burning

i'm old school. smartripper is the oldest ripper. and it still works. I've use it for 5 years no problem. I use ifoedit to write new ifo and bup files too when i come across problematic dvds. I don't have those Redundency Recyle errors because I don't included that part of the movie. these tools will always work until they do away with this dvd format. they are free too

dvdxcopy is what i have been using. i am able to copy Resident Evil Apocalypse and the Grudge using DVD43 in the background while copying.

Dell XPS said:
dvdxcopy is what i have been using. i am able to copy Resident Evil Apocalypse and the Grudge using DVD43 in the background while copying.

I bought this the other day. I think win dvdrecoder does that (recorded in the background whatever you play).

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0178385

it comes win windvd plat, win cinema, windvd recorder, dvdcopy and nero 6

I paid anywhere from 700.00 (my old sony dru 120a) to 120.00 (pioneer DVR 107D) and i have never received should a good software package

locki433 said:
DVD Decrypter is also free. DVD Shrink is also very good like some others are saying. I just had some problems with it and some newer movies like AVP. It kept having Redundency Recyle errors of somesort, and DVD Decrypter didn't have a problem with these movies for some reason. I use both of them at different times for Ripping and Nero always for burning

Thats because of Sony's encryption. If you use Super Clone DVD, it will defeat the encryption, it not free, but allows you to burn 5 dvds then you gotta buy.

Thats because of Sony's encryption. If you use Super Clone DVD, it will defeat the encryption, it not free, but allows you to burn 5 dvds then you gotta buy.

Ya, that's why I use DVD Decrypter. I started using it when i started running into those problems with Sony's encryption.

algu7344 said:
I suggest DVDshrink, me and my brother (Babbage) Use it all the time.

But it will not work for every dvd. Try Hold in the floor or resident evil apoc, you will get cyclic redundancy errors.

Well both of those movies suck ass, so I wouldnt really want to rip them in the first place thus not knowing if they would have redundancy errors., No offense.

Well those were just examples, but any with Sonys encryption, you will have problems with using dvd shrink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom