What components should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh looks pretty good. Although i'm not sure about the 3000+ i was looking at stuff mopre along the lines of a 3200+ or a 3400+

If you want to overclock, I wouldn't recommend corsair...especially not value RAM.

G.Skill
OCZ Platinum Rev 2
PQI Turbos
Patriot XBL series

G.Skill and OCZ right now are basically the two best OC'ing modules you can get....at around $300 for 1gb I'd expect nothing less :D

Overall the X800XL and 6800GT are really close in performance, but the price is the main factor here. Damn near $100 cheaper for the X800XL so I'd say that's the way to go.

Other than that frontsides suggestions of the ABit board is good for OC'ing, also DFI lanparty boards are really good.

3000+ or 3200+ either or will give you good OC'ing potential, I'd suggest winchester core. They run cooler and have a tendency to OC a little better, but with good cooling you could get a nice OC on the newcastle as well.

Gaming. biotch
Snide remarks like that aren't needed dude. Granted it's in the OC'ing section, but still, there is no reason for 'biotch' at all.

dfi ut nf4/ $145
amd athlon 64 3000/$150
6600gt/ $200
1 gig of ram(corsair)(512x2)/$150
grand total=$645

Nubius said:
If you want to overclock, I wouldn't recommend corsair.
I don't see where you get that from.

I have some Corsair clocked at 290 MHz (DDR580) from 200 MHz.

Memtest86+ stable for six days straight. Corsair is the best.

That would be the first time I would have seen corsair get that high. They aren't the best for OC'ing and if you go to xtremesystems.org where people hold world records for OC'ing you'll never see corsair among those records.

Also to my knowledge corsair doesn't use brainpower PCB which has some benefits for higher OC's coupled with samsung TCCDs

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53

I'm surprised the samsung TCCD's would even want to function that high with that amount of voltage. Generally it's the BH-5's that flourish with 3.2v and higher.

But based on the assumption of regular 2.6-2.9v settings within a BIOS, G.Skill and OCZ will pretty much always OC higher than corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom