CPU temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

Beta member
I have a dell 1150 with 512 mb ram and a pentium 4 2.66ghz processor. i didnt really want to waste cpu cycles so i got this program that lets your cpu run computations for research. and the problem is this. after only about 1 min or so i have a cpu temp of about 73 degrees, which i think is excessive. is there a problem with it being that hot, ? i dont know? i just dont want to melt anything internally. i dont know why it gets so hot so fast either, is that the sign of another problem, maybe with the cooling or something?

id appreciate any thoughts
thank you

By 73 degrees, I'll take it that you are in Celcius, not Farenheit. If that is the case, then 73 is a smidge bit on the warm side. You may want to consider getting some more fans in your case, but you have a Dell, so chances are you won't be able to put many, if not, any fans in at all. You may also want to go get yourself some thermal paste for you CPU.

And if you're talking about Farenheit you're laughing 22*C is actually on the cool side for an unmodded computer.

yea you might want to add fans if it is 72*c
its going to be hard to upgrade your heatsink because you are going to have to take everything apart. dell is not good for upgrading.

Psssh, no company built comps are good for upgrading. They make their parts so wierd and only THEIR kind of junk will fit in it! Thus, making you purchace a totally new $1000+ comp!!! Grrrr...hiss, hiss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom