Friend has win 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
A friend of mine has windows '95 and has real player installed, but hasnt finished installing/registering it, wants to now watch a movie burned on a cd, well it says CODEC is missing, what does that mean. Is it possible he can download it from a site on here, I found one that has codecs to d/l......or does he havce to upgrade to '98.....????

The downloads are for win xp and win 98 and ME.

Cindy

Hi
Is the message about missing codecs from realplayer or windows itself?
Also, what format is the movie (ie avi, mpeg etc)?

well missin codecs from real player and the movie is avi I think not sure to very honest, but what I did was d/l the real player as well as win media and was going to put these in his computer, would that work, and include the codecs for those programs in the downloads?

Thanks so much i hope these help........he needs this badly i have all but he has win 95 and I have xp...

Your friend may find it Windows 98 better for multimedia applications provided that his machine is fast enough to run it well. Windows 95 is rarely supported fully anymore in a lot of applications.

That said, if his system isn't fast enough for 98 then I doubt it will be fast enough to play movies on either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom