scanner drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
ive got a 5 year old scanner from epson - it is a "GT-7000" using USB - i downloaded drivers for it, they didn't have XP drivers so i downloaded the Win2k drivers. when i plug it in with USB it won't detect the scanner (the scanner makes actions with its reader heads but the computer just sits there and does nothing)
i went to the "add new hardware wizard" and followed through and told it that it was an imaging device and put in the location of the drivers but i can't click next after that

Hi,, sounds like you are in a situation where i once found myself,,you can try this link,, and this driver,, however???

http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/88/88709.htm

As Per Epson:

Windows XP Support for Epson Scanners

Question: What Epson Scanner products are automatically supported in Microsoft's new Operating System, Windows XP?

Answer: There are no built-in drivers for Epson Scanner products in Windows XP.

Question: Which Epson Scanner product drivers will be made available for download from the EPSON Support website?

Answer: The following scanner drivers are or will be made available for download from EPSON Support web site. Please check in the download section for your model for current availability. We are targeting to have these drivers finalized and posted on the web by mid November.

GT-10000
GT-10000+
GT-30000
Perfection 610**
Perfection 640U
Perfection 1200S**
Perfection 1200U**
Perfection 1200U PHOTO**
Perfection 1240U
Perfection 1240U PHOTO*
Perfection 1250
Perfection 1250 PHOTO
Perfection 1640SU
Perfection 1640SU OFFICE
Perfection 1640SU PHOTO
Perfection 1650
Perfection 1650 PHOTO
Perfection 2450 PHOTO
Expression 800**
Expression 836XL**
Expression 1600**
Expression 1640XL
Expression 1680

* These products do not have digital signatures by Microsoft WHQL Windows Hardware Quality Labs). No WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) support.
** This product supports WIA, but does not have digital signature by MicroSoft WHQL.
*** Digital signature support for USB and SCSI only. IEEE 1394 connection supported in Win XP but unsigned by WHQL.

might be time for a new purchase??

cheers,

Had the same problem with my Umax scanner, but luck me was quick and got the drivers from Umax before they took them down. Now to get updated drivers for any Umax scanner you have to pay for the updates:(

Steer clear of Umax products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom