What will improve gaming performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmstr

Baseband Member
Hello, I was wondering what would better improve gaming performance, currently i have a Asus a7n8x motherboard with a Amd athalon 2800+ with 1g of ram and a Raedon 9000 pro 125mb videocard. To imprive gamign performance and over all performance would i be better off getting a Msi Geforce 6800 GT video card or DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU Along with AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail????? please help if you can.

If your willing to spend that much and make such a serious upgrade, then yes, moving to 64 bit will be a good improvement.

But to breath new life into your current system, I would think a 9800pro, 6600GT (agp) or equivalent would be a good start. Also, look into doubling your RAM.

Sorry i ment to say i do have 1gb ram and with do you believe would truly help more? the new video card or processor and mother board. the real reason im leaning tword mother board is becasue i wotn half to upgrade to Pci Express later.

Upgrading to s939 and PCIe will defenitely help more than just a simple video card upgrade. More $$$ = faster system. If your willing to go that route, I say do it. You wont regret it.

well i figred it gonna be about $400 both ways. and my Ram should fit this new motherboard right ram fro ma asus a7n8x also my power supply should work with it too right?

Throw a 6600GT AGP in their

Than, save your money for a new dual core PC. Your system is still decent.

You may also want to pick up a new heatsink for 20$ to overclock as well.

Your mobo can run 400FSB, so you could run a 3200+.

A bigger graphics card will bump your performance. 6600GT or 6800 whatever if you want to spend the money.

Try downloading and running Game XP:
http://freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/p/publicfree/gamexp.htm

Clean up and defrag your hard drive, or get a RAID controller and go RAID 0.

Or, you could just gut it and go with the 939 and the rest of the works.

well sadly i got the early version of the a7n8x that cannot run 400fsb. thats another good reason a new mobo would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom