cd/dvds cause system freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTall

Beta member
For the past few months my system has been freezing when i put a cd or dvd in the dvd rom. Now the system doesnt lock up everytime a disk goes in only about 50% of the time. I then need to restart the system and my computer reads the disk fine. At first i thought i just had some dumb bug so i reformated the hard drive reinstalling everything and it still happened. Then i tried switching the Dvd drive. it was first an artec 16dvd which was swtiched to an LG dvd RW. That didnt work. I then figured it could be a power supply issue because i was running at max capacity. so i got a new high end 520watt supply and another new sony DvdRw drive. and my system still freezes about 50% of the time when a disk goes in the dvd rom. Im starting to think that it is actually a windows glitch. Any answers will greatly be appreciated.

Maybe try a completely different CD/DVD that a friend will let you borrow. If this fails to resolve the issue, then id say motherbord or more likely RAM.

Ive had issues before when inserting a CD restarted the computer, it turned out to be the RAM, hope this helps my friend.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom