Outlook Express - Missing account and ALL email?!?!? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

consolemax_com

In Runtime
I manage a few email accounts of mine through Outlook Express.

So I went to check one of my email accounts when I noticed it wasn't in my names. Where did it go? Where did all my saved and stored mail go???

I really need to find the missing mail. It is really important.

Please help!!! :eek:

I'm not sure if Outlook Express is the same as Outlook, but try searching your pc for *.pst. Try loading each one into your outlook express.

Outlook Express and Outlook are NOT the same. Outlook Express is like the stripped-down basic email system provided with Windows. Outlook is the fully-featured email/newsgroup/collaboration client that you get with MS-Office. If you have MS-Office, ditch Express immediately! (MS provides a migration tool for going from Express to Outlook.)

As for a missing profile, try as Cody suggested and look for a pst file on your machine. If you find one (or more) let us know.

Also, make sure you're logged in as the right profile, that you are using the right application, and that you haven't deleted or moved the account.

Ok, update:

I found my files in .dbx format, b ut don't know how to load them onto my computer. Also, I have Outlook Express and Outlook, but when I used Outlook 2003, I couldn't creat multiple identities like in Express. In Express, I just click 'Switch Identity' pick the email I want to go to and bam, I'm there. Outlook 2003 is great if you use only one email but other than that I find it to be more aggravating.

Go to File->Import and Export, and select the defaul option of "Import from another program or file".

You can also try using the migration tool.

Either way, light fire to Express and forget it. If you have Outlook, you're all set.

As for identities, there's a way to do it in Outlook, but I've forgotten over the years because it's like one of those things I never have a need for.

The way to do it in Outlook is from Tools > Email Accounts > Select View or change exising email accounts > Add

and your set, it will create a new .pst and you might want to do this:

View > uncheck Outlook bar and select Folder List.
In the folder list view, you will see all your different email accounts etc etc. If you need more help let me know

Cody, here is my main problem with Outlook 2003. When I created all my accounts, they were all placed in a single account. Then, I found out how to create new accounts, but Outlook doesn't have the 'Switch Identity' feature Outlook Express has. It seems everytime I want to switch email accounts I'm going to have to completely close Outlook 2003 and re-open to receive the 'Select User Profile' screen. Thanks for your help.

Outlook has what you call Person Folders, here at work I have 3 of them. 1 for Exchange (business), 1 for gmail, 1 for my there email. How I did this was when i was creating the account, i changed the delivery to .pst (Person Folders). You see this after you do: Tools > Email Accounts > Select View or change exising email accounts. At the bottom you should see: Deliver new emails to:
From there just create a new Personal folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom