Web accelerators

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
If I have a broadband connection, will Web accelerators help to speed up my connection even more? Do they help at all?

TIA

dude or w/e u r sum webacceleratorz kan dmage ur modem. dat happened 2 me once. dont get da free ones, most of dem contain ad ware and spyware. and y would u want sumtin faster dan dat lol

desiboi said:
dude or w/e u r sum webacceleratorz kan dmage ur modem. dat happened 2 me once. dont get da free ones, most of dem contain ad ware and spyware. and y would u want sumtin faster dan dat lol

first, ur not a gangsta and it makes it hard to read when u type like that. 2nd, im lazy and i dont wanna translate it. 3rd, i use stardownloader on a crappy p3 dialup at my friends and it werks beutifully for his otherwise pathetic downloads.

Those webaccelerators only work on certain websites anyways (ie: ebay,yahoo,google, and amazon etc) It works by the ISP compressing the data from these websites, and your decompressing it on your end. It does not make your modem faster, just more efficent.

I've heard some bad things about the web accelerators some ISP's like Netzero use. Basically they recompress graphics to make them smaller but will often compress them so much or so badly that image quality. I've heard a lot of complaints especially about the images on Ebay when using the ISP's web accelerators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom