CD's wont read properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewgen1

Baseband Member
I just got an iPod for my birthday, and since iTunes is necessary to run the iPod I went ahead an installed it. Ultimately I decided to remove all of the music that was on my computer and re-record it from the original cds since I hadnÂ’t done it in any organized manner before. When I started I didnÂ’t have any problems; the first few discs were quickly and efficiently looked up by iTunes and added to my computer.

After a while though I decided to take a break and listen to some of the music my favorite songs, namely some by Journey. When I clicked play, however, I found that only a few quick seconds of the song had been recorded at random intervals across the song, but mostly it just doesnÂ’t make any sound at all.

I have tried recording them in different formats and bit-rates. I also tried playing them directly from the cd, both in iTunes and windows media player. This only seems to happen on about half of my cds, so hardware failure seems unlikely and the cds show no signs of damage of any kind. Other cds play just fine, as well as MP3s already on my computer and videos.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this odd behavior?

i may be completely wrong.. and im sorry if i am.. but i just helped my friend with an ipod and u know.. he used another program to put the cds on my computer but u really dont need it at all. so my question to you is this.. have u coppied the cds onto ur computer with windows media player? if so what version, and if not try it and play them on windows media player.

make sure that ur itunes and windows and windows media are all fully uploaded. id try ripping them in media player as mp3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom