RegSvr32 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the .dll is a replacement, you should unregister the existing version, then replace it, then register the new version.

Unfortunately that is not the case. The DLL is a COM Add-in, I also tried to register simple Active X controls and get that message. Also, I have this application deployed on several hundred other machines and they register without a problem. I am thinking it could be caused by some other application running on the machine???

It's possible that it could be a software glitch, but I am assuming since it is on a mass network that they all have the same config. It could more likely be some obscure security setting on that pc that won't let it register the file. I'll poke around the msdn boards and see if anyone there has any ideas.

Here's what I was able to scrape up from the msdn boards. Of course, the first thing they asked was are you sure it was unregistered and removed before re-registering ..

An MFC ActiveX control that subclasses any of the window classes implemented by Comctl32.dll causes the error to be thrown. What they advise you to check on your.dll is the following :

Inside the InitInstance of your ActiveX control, make a call to:InitCommonControls(void)
or InitCommonControlsEx(LPINITCOMMONCONTROLSEX lpInitCtrls)
This ensures that Comctl32.dll is loaded and initialized, regardless of the container the control is running in.

Instead of calling InitCommonControls from the control's code, you can also call it directly from the Visual Basic client application:
• Make a General declaration for the corresponding Form; for example:private Declare Sub InitCommonControls Lib ".dll filename" ()

• Add a call to:InitCommonControls in the Form_Load method.

That should clear up the issue, other than that, the only other reference they gave me was to the following link, which shoud help narrow down the issue further if the above doesn't help you out.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom