Components for gaming comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxFaTexX

Beta member
As soon as i sell my go karts i should have about $1000-$1250 au ($1250 = Roughly 990us) and what wondering what i could buy with it?

At the moment i have a cheap intel celleron and am looking to upgrade to a whole new syste, or as much of it as i can. I have bought a Nvidia Fx 5700 256mb graphics card which is recommended for WoW. I have been looking a 1Gb Corsair XMS ram (512x2) and a AMD Athlon 3800+ with a MSI Mobo (Forgot the name ... was something like Neo platinum 4?).

My current computer specs are:
Intel Celleron 1.7ghz
768 SD 133mhz Ram
ProsavageDDR Graphics Accelerator...

Any help would be appreciated

I would have gotten only a 3200+ or 3000+ and a better video card for a more balanced system...

I would sell that graphics card, and get atleast a 6600gt. The wincheser 3500 would be a better choice to save money for the gpu. Also get a different motherboard. Abit or dfi lan party are the ones you want.

what will you be using the computer for?
the parts suggested below will be good for gaming

amd athlon 64 3000+=$150us
DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 =$155us
80gb hardrive=$66us
6600gt=$200us
1gig of ram.=$130us
total=$701us(without shipping)
you can use the extra to get a case or monitor

Don't buy peformance ram and get something like the one posted right above me.

Also, 5700's are an old card and to have a well balanced system, a 6600GT would be much better

I will want to play games. I will look on newegg.com now to see those things you suggested but i dont think they will ship internationally? (Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom