6600gt or 6800 (agp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the 6800 or save a little longer and go 6800 GT. The 6800 GT is a serious gaming card and will not have problems for still quite some time.

GDDR3 is useless with a 128-bit interface. And 8 pipelines?

FrontSide does make a valid point. Although i wouldent go calling it weak. But if your upgrading, then its a good idea. I suggest the eVGA 6600 GT.

The 6600 GT is weak.
Psht that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just got mine in a couple days ago and it's awesome.

"not for the enthusiast" translates into, not for those without deep pockets. $200 for the performance of this card is awesome, can't beat the value at all.

It's been playing all the games like Doom3, far cry, and full blast settings and running smooth....ok maybe it's 40FPS and not 100....but yeah...it's smooth and that's what counts

Nubius, what graphics settings do you have for those games. I play doom3 and farcry and get 25fps with 1024x768 no AA or AS and medium quality settings. thanks
-Joe

Nubius, what graphics settings do you have for those games. I play doom3 and farcry and get 25fps with 1024x768 no AA or AS and medium quality settings. thanks
-Joe

Doom 3 - High settings(High settings is 8x AF), 2x AA 50-60FPS most of the time, with the exception of say like hell with a ton of demons throwing crap at you it'll drop to 30, still playable though.

Far cry - 1024x768 2x AA, AF set to 'Level 1' in Far cry, don't really understand their AF system cause it doesn't say like 2x, 4x, 8x, blah blah, it just says AF level and I leave it at 1, Very High settings on everything, 70-100 FPS in buildings 40-50FPS while out on the island, 1280x1024 is quite playable, but if I blow up tubes and I'm close to it, it will 'hitch' a little ***** so I just knocked it down to 1024x768

Kotor: II - 1280x1024, 4xAA, 16x AF, never showed framerate but it's completely smooth so I'm assuming atleast 40+

I play farcry with highest everything 1280 by whatever without AA or AINSF.

I rarely drop below 45FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom