NV Silencer 5 - some questions about the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I getting that silencer this week when i order my monitor, i hear great things about it. Dont really know why it has a negitive effect on you though.

Yeah, I don't know where the opinion comes that it doesn't reduce temps. Read the reviews.

wait ur supposed to put thermal paste somewhere on the cooler
Just on the GPU core like you would with a CPU.

Atleast you guys can view temps :p Appearantly the eVGA 6600GT (and possibly others, just dont know which brands) has a temp sensor on it, but the way the BIOS is programmed won't allow programs to read from it...supposed to discourage overclocking :D hehehe, anyway, I did find a site though where you backup the cards BIOS on a floppy, use a hex editor, edit a specific section, flash it with the new BIOS and supposedly bam you got temp readings. Kind of scared to do it though lol

EDIT: Sweet! It worked :D Sitting at 53C idle, and the threshold is 145C!! that's insane.

I guess I'll post where I got the information for anyone else to use :)

Just on the GPU core like you would with a CPU.
Sorry, didn't notice this before, but shouldn't I put it on the RAM chips too? I thought I saw it installed that way.

145C! I thought 120C was off the hook!
Yeah I know..appearantly people are asking how this setting can be changed, because as of right now it just says "Slowdown threshold 145C" and you can't change it.

Sorry, didn't notice this before, but shouldn't I put it on the RAM chips too? I thought I saw it installed that way.
I guess so, I've never used the nv silencer, so I wasn't aware that it even came in contact with the RAM chips, but if it makes good pressure against them then sure couldn't hurt.

Yeah, you have to put it on RAM chips too, at least in a 6800 GT or Ultra, don't know about a 6600GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom