My first overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrontSide said:
The CPU's voltage is too high. Set it to 1.4v.

To increase stability, lower the HTT to 2x.

You know, the CPU will be unstable and probelly wont boot at 1.4 volts? Their's a reason why we increase our volts besides getting cold in our basement...

Are you kidding!?

I have seen hundreds of people overclock their 3000+ beyond 2.6 GHz with the stock voltage (1.4v). I had a 3000+ clocked at 2.73 GHz at 1.4v.

This is the benefit of Winchesters.

If you want sources, let me know.

not all of the same cpus are identical. maybe one time you get one that overclocks 25% and the next one only gets 15%. its almost the luck of the draw.

FrontSide, are you saying only the 3000 cant hit 2.6ghz on the AV8? Because i have the AV8 3RD EYE, with a 3500 newcastle.

FrontSide said:
Are you kidding!?

I have seen hundreds of people overclock their 3000+ beyond 2.6 GHz with the stock voltage (1.4v). I had a 3000+ clocked at 2.73 GHz at 1.4v.

This is the benefit of Winchesters.

If you want sources, let me know.

I am not 100% sure of this and never claimed to be, but pics of you hitting 2.73ghz at 1.4 volts would be great.

OK guys , i just finished installing the aquarius II liquid cooling system, Im running the system at stock speeds and voltages.Im not happy though , the temps seem to be basically the same 39C idle. I know this cooling system is a entry level system but i expected much better temps.Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the coolant is ??? I drained the coolant that came with the package because i thought i didnt set it up right so im using just regualr coolant for cars.the manually recommended doing this if it runs out.Any suggestions would be appreciated guys.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom